What does the AITP SWIC Chapter Offer?
AITP is the leading worldwide society of professionals in information technology.
- Scholarship opportunities through National AITP
- Lectures by Information Technology Proffesionals
- Real world experience and opportunities to pair up with local non-profits
- Tutoring services
- Participation in other college activities such as trunk and treat.
Meetings are every other Thursday from 4:00pm to 5:15pm in BCIS 2164.
Any student can join!
- Q1: What are the requirements to join? Do I have to know how to program or code?
- A1: No, you don’t need to be an expert coder or programmer, you just need to be willing to learn and ask questions when you get stuck or need help. You must also be a currently enrolled SWIP student.
- Q2: What is the time commitment?
- A2: We normally have member meeting every other Thursday from 4:00 to 5:15 and Project meetings at the same time on the Thursdays in between, please check the Calendar for more information. While it isn’t necessary to come to every single meeting please try to make it to them when able. We also encourage members to communicate outside of meetings, preferably through GitHub.
- Q3: Are there membership fees or costs?
- A3: No, while at least ten members of our chapter must be registered members of AITP for us to be counted as an official chapter of the national AITP organization, once the merger between AITP and CompTIA is complete AITP will no longer be charging dues.
- Q4: What if I don't know how to do anything but want to get involved?
- A4: You just need to be willing to learn, we plan to start tutoring at some point but until then you can always feel free to ask your fellow members who might know about the subject for help.
- Q5: What do we do?
- A5: Our Mission Statement is AITP at SWIC aims to enrich student education and life through improving computer literacy and offering opportunities for real world experience to upcoming IT Professionals.